Welcome

The point of this blog is to discuss different topics about how to


gain some moral strength!! Welcome!!


I am doing a little remodeling. I am going to put some of my posts about the same topic on there own page. So you can either click on the page topic at the left or the labels at the right to get to a post.












Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Around the World in Eighty Days

Around the World in Eighty Days
By: Jules Verne

I just finished this book and it is a great book.

I’ve always known the story and seen a few versions of the movie a few times, but this time I discovered something, it is a great source of strength.

This book is about Phileas Fogg and his trip around the world in eighty days. Mr. Fogg and his servant are challenged to go around the world in eighty days, and they do.

Mr. Fogg faces all sorts of challenges but nothing stops him. He faces a detective named Fix who tracks him around the world. He also misses boats and trains; he loses his servant a few times, rescues a damsel, and much more.

Through it all Mr. Fogg stays calm, shows patience, honor, respect, and courage. His servant is loyal, very obedient, and shows intuitive in all his doings.

I think we could all learn from Mr. Fogg and his servant.

I highly recommend Jules Verne’s Around the World in Eighty Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment