Welcome

The point of this blog is to discuss different topics about how to


gain some moral strength!! Welcome!!


I am doing a little remodeling. I am going to put some of my posts about the same topic on there own page. So you can either click on the page topic at the left or the labels at the right to get to a post.












Friday, June 28, 2013

Entitlement

Entitlement is a tough subject to bring up, because we are entitled to some things like freedom of choice or free speech, but other things like free food or free healthcare we are not entitled to. I’m not perfect; I do feel like I am entitled to some things, but the way I see entitlement is like a topping on a dessert. Toppings such as Carmel syrup can make ice cream a lot more sweet and tasty, but do we really need them some times? Food is good and is necessary for life, but you don’t really need to add toppings to everything. As for what is an entitlement? I think an entitlement is a product or service that is given away for free. For example, free speech and freedom to choose are dependent on human actions. Free food and healthcare are products and services that are given away freely. Don’t misunderstand, I do think giving of food or money to the poor is a wonderful idea, but they become entitlements when our society has laws that provide free things, or things that are preserved to be free to the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment